Monday, September 30, 2013

August 2013

Hola summer vactioners who also dislike this time of the year because school is starting
Well, I totally missed the last day of August to update, but I was at school with homework and all that, so that's my excuse. I'm soooo sad school started and the summer is over. August was really busy busy busy for me. In the first week, I went to the Asian camp thing, and it was actually a lot of fun and I made a bunch of new friends who are as sarcastic and weird as me. Since it was an Asian camp, though, we had homework. We were let out at 9 pm (it started at 7:30 am) and we had homework. Seriously? Some people just expect too much from us. Anyways, we had to learn a bunch of dances, and it was funny watching the guys dance because they were so clueless.
After that camp, my family and I travelled up and down the west coast for ten days. I hate airplanes. They make me so sick, but it gives me an excuse to just sleep for a couple hours (the long distance flights that I take are like 19 hours when I go to Asia, and I don't eat the entire time. It's a way to lose weight, but it's not good for me). We went to Seattle first, and just hung out there for a while. After, we drove up to Vancouver, and we went to the Capilano Bridge and places like that. Lots of hiking. After that, we drove back down to Seattle and hung out there for another day, and then we flew down to LA and explored around LA, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood. I really wanted to see a celebrity, but that didn't happen. So we met up with a bunch of my parents' friends from college and ate with them and it was a lot of fun. THEN, (I know, a lot of places in 10 days) we drove up to SanFran, which was honestly really boring. No offense meant to anyone, but there was nothing out there. It was like the safari. Funny story, though, I went to a McDonalds because I really needed to go to the bathroom, and I went in, and there was this Mexican gang just staring at me the whole time. It was slightly creepy. So after that, when we got to SanFran, we explored around a bit. We went to the Golden Gate Bridge and took a bunch of pictures (I was so mad when I realized we were on the opposite side as Chris Colfer, but it was at the same time. I WAS SO CLOSE). Then, we went out to eat with some more of my parents' friends, and they had a daughter around my age who went, too. (Everyone go check out @ingaink on instagram. She has awesome designs) We went to a winery or something (I forget), and after that, we went to Boubons! I was so excited, the macaroons, lemon tart and the cookie sandwich thing were really good! SO then we flew home, and I was sad, but happy. Happy to be home, but sad that summer was ending. I just realized that I've been to over 15 airports around the world... cools (for me, that's a lot, okay).
AND I AM SO HAPPY BECAUSE I SAW CITY OF BONES WHEN I CAME BACK BUT WTF WAS UP WITH VALENTINE/JONATHAN RHYS' HAIR? I AM IN LOVE WITH JAMIE CAMPBELL BOWER, AND IF YOU LIVE IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO, OR SOMEWHERE AROUND THERE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STALK THE CITY OF ASHES SET FOR ME AND SEND ME PICS (and yes, this whole paragraph is going to be in all caps) I WAS JUST LIKE AHHHH! I HATE THE CRITICS COMPARING THIS TO TWILIGHT, HARRYP POTTER AND THE HUNGER GAMES. FIRST, I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR UP THAT CITY OF BONES CAME OUT A YEAR BEFORE THE HUNGER GAMES. SECOND, THIS IS WAY DIFFERENT THAN TWILIGHT! IS THERE A GAY WARLOCK WHO WEAR SPARKLY EYELINER IN TWILIGHT? I DONT THINK SO! AND HOW DARE THEY COMPARE LILY COLLINS TO KRISTEN STEWART. LESSON: CRITICS ARE NOT TEENAGE GIRLS WHO DREAM AND WORSHIP THE BOOKS AND FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. THEY HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, SO YOU CAN'T ALWAYS TRUST THEIR JUDGMENT. THIRD, FOR EVERYONE WHO CLAIMED IT WAS A RON/GINNY INCEST FANFIC. GO DIG A HOLE, PULL OUT YOU-NONEXISTANT BRAIN, AND THROW IT IN, BECAUSE YOU NEED TO GET A NEW ONE! JACE IS A NATURAL BLONDE (as he points out to Simon in the beginning). SECOND, GO READ THE DAMN BOOK! DUDE, TWILIGHT HAS THE WEIRD MUTANT HALF-VAMPIRE BABY, HP HAS DOBBY DYING, TMI HAS ITS SURPRISES TOO. OKAY? YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT BASED ON THE FIRST BOOK. (I think that tmi is the only series in which the second book is as good as the first [HP is an exception to all rules]) THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE MOVIE I HAD 5 THOUGHTS:
1) WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THEY KISS ALREADY?
2) JUST STAB VALENTINE DAMNIT!
3) THIS IS NOT HOW THE BOOK GOES!
4) THIS IS HILARIOUS SHIT!
5) SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!
In case you couldn't tell, I'm a really huge fan of The Mortal Instruments, and I thought the movie was mostly brilliant, with the exception of the hair, and the weird ending, and no Church and blah blah blah. While on the topic of movies, I have not yet seen This Is Us, because school started. It keeps me really busy because of AP classes and everything. So far this week (it started on the 26) I've had 3 tests, 1 essay, lots of homework, and experiments with fire. So, yeah, busy me. Also... my birthday is coming up! I'm so happy.
School is a happy and sad place. I get to see friends, but they aren't in like any of my classes, and also because it's school and school means homework and tests and reading book that are like 3 times my age. Yeah, so SEE Y'ALL AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment